These Maple Bacon Jalapeno Poppers are so yummy and it takes only a few minutes to prepare. The combination of just the right amount of salty, sweet, and heat will leave you wanting more!
- 6 Jalapeno peppers
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
- Maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar & or Monterey Jack cheese
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half. Remove all seeds (unless you like them hot. If so, leave a few)
- Steam the peppers with a little water in a bowl and place in the microwave for 4 minutes. You want them soft. By doing this, it cuts down on the heat, leaving however the amazing flavor. Let cool.
- Place peppers on a cookie sheet
- Place a slice of cream cheese in each pepper half.
- Add a slice of cooked bacon (easier to eat if you crumble the bacon a little or use real bacon bits)
- Drizzle maple syrup (or honey) on the bacon.
- Top with Monterey Jack &/or Cheddar cheese
Broil in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.