What’s for dinner? I invented a new dish. Dawn’s Salsa Verde Chicken Bake. Here’s the recipe.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 white onion (quartered)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups of salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil 3 large chicken breasts with onion and garlic. Shred when done.
- In bowl mix: salsa verde, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Add the shredded chicken and mix well.
Pour in baking dish and spread 1 cup of salsa verde on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. *** eat with tortillas, as a dip with chips or by itself!
Remember to strain the water the chicken cooked in. It’s broth for soup. Season and freeze!