There is something to be said about having soup. It’s so comforting and warms us up both physically and emotionally.
Delivering to friends and family (especially soup when they are sick or sad) makes cooking enjoyable for me. I love seeing their smiles and reading later how much they enjoyed it.
My Turkey Soup Recipe:
- Make a veggie broth first consisting of water, garlic, onion, zucchini, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, celery, and salt. Let it simmer and then strain in a few hours and only keep the broth.
- Roast a fresh turkey in the oven or a few turkey legs.
- When the turkey is done, add to the broth along with a new batch of uncooked veggies.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add some of the yummy turkey drippings into the soup.